Green Freeman

Replies: 6

Green Freeman

Kim Archer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2003 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Freeman, Ball, Rees
I am looking for information on Green Freeman, son of Aaron Posey Freeman and Alabeth Ball. Green is sometimes refered to as Moses Green Freeman, but it is speculation that Moses and Green are the same person.

We do know Green Freeman was in Buncombe Co. North Carolina in 1830. He is listed as Green Freeman, born bet. 1801-1809. Listed with him are 2 sons, 2 daughters and a wife born bet. 1801-1809. We lose track of Green Freeman after 1830. His parents and siblings moved to Missouri and can be found in Crawford Co. in the early 1830's and later in what became Douglas County. By the 1870's much of that part of the Freeman family was in Texas Co. Missouri.

Documents I have acknowledge an affidavit signed by M.F. Rees stating the marriage between Green H. Freeman and wife Nancy Freeman, which leads me to believe that Moses and Green may be two different people, or maybe named Moses Green Hill Freeman -- his uncle would have been Rev. Moses Freeman and his cousin Green Hill Freeman.

The question is, where did Green Freeman go after 1830? His son, Humphrey Posey Freeman can be found in Cherokee Co. NC in 1850 along with his wife, Eliza Rees Freeman and 3 children, Moses Kelso, Nancy J. and Mary Telitha.

I would love to have proof of the marriage of Humphrey Posey Freeman and Eliza Rees, daughter of John Jackson Rees and Tabitha Freeman (grandaughter to Rev. Moses Freeman) -- this marriage would have taken place about 1844-45 I think. I would also like to find out who Green Freeman was married to (marriage would have been abt. 1822-24?) Also, I would love to know where Green Freeman and family went after 1830. If anyone has an answer to these questions or a suggestion as to where to look, I would love the input. To the best of my knowledge the family stayed in the Buncombe, Madison Co. area, but could be anywhere.

Thanks much!
Kim Archer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kim Archer 16 Apr 2003 2:28AM GMT 
Tina Smith 19 Jun 2003 3:01PM GMT 
Kim Archer 19 Jun 2003 9:25PM GMT 
kim,Tina Smith 20 Jun 2003 12:11AM GMT 
margretgoodso... 17 May 2009 4:21AM GMT 
blueraine2 17 May 2009 3:33PM GMT 
margretgoodso... 18 May 2009 2:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions