Search for content in message boards

George Forrest

Replies: 13

Re: George and Winiford Forrest

Posted: 2 Nov 2009 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks, Gene!

I will use "Joyner" and "Wineford" from here out to be consistent.

I have a transcription from the pages from the Bible; they may be from two different Bibles. Copies of the original pages are supposed to be in the N.C. Archives in Raleigh, where I live. I will run down there and get copies of the originals. I will be glad to mail them to you.

Along with the Yelvertons, the Sherrod clan has been quite important around Nahunta Swamp, in the area that is today Wayne and Greene Counties, NC. Two related Sherod/Sherrod/Sherards settled there very early, including John Sherrod, who acquired land from my wife's ancestor, John Peacock, and lived beside the Peacock clan not far from modern-day Fremont. (Benjamin homesteaded to the east, closer to modern-day Faro, where John Yelverton pioneered in 1756 on land acquired from George Fort.) Though I know I have a way to go to convince the Sherrods, I believe that they both descend from Robert Sherwood of Northampton County, who lived beside John and Samuel Peacock's parents on the south side of the Meherrin River before the Peacock brothers moved to the Contentnea Creek watershed between 1739 and 1742. As you know related families often moved together.

Interesting about the Yelverton ties . . . assume you have seen Keith Yelverton's site?

My direct email is drader@edf.org; zap me an address and I will forward copies of the Bible pages.

Doug
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gene Forrest 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Corinne470 1 Jun 2005 12:11AM GMT 
Gene Forrest 1 Jun 2005 2:30AM GMT 
TeresaJGorge 5 Sep 2009 7:04PM GMT 
geneforrest 7 Sep 2009 12:54AM GMT 
drader77 7 Oct 2009 12:03AM GMT 
drader77 8 Oct 2009 12:59AM GMT 
geneforrest 28 Oct 2009 4:08PM GMT 
drader77 3 Nov 2009 3:57AM GMT 
themways 28 Nov 2011 4:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions