Search for content in message boards

George Forrest

Replies: 13

Re: George Forrest

Gene Forrest (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2005 8:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
George had two sons that moved to Tennessee, rather than two brothers. We have not been able to discover anything concerning George's siblings or parents. He shows up in a family Bible, and in the 1790 census in Martin Co., NC. He moved to Johnson County, NC, then to Wayne Co., NC, and finally to Pitt Co., NC. We know nothing about his ancestry. I wish we did. I do have some information on George's wife's family, however.

As for George's two sons that moved to Tennessee, their names were Thomas Joiner Forrest and Samuel W. Forrest. They moved in 1826 from Pitt Co., NC, along with some other families. Thomas married Charlotte Brown, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth Brown of Greene Co, NC. Thomas and Charlotte are my great-great-great grandparents.

Samuel W. Forrest married Zilpha Sherrod (probably from Wayne Co.). There are grave markers for Samuel and Zilpha, but not for Thomas and Charlotte. They were buried in two different cemeteries, one of which has been kept up and one of which hasn't.

Some of my relatives from a previous generation worked hard on the Forrest genealogy and compiled a chart. If you would like, I can copy it and send it to you. It is hand-printed, however, and some of it is hard to read.

If I can answer specific questions, I'll be glad to do so. Also, I would be interested in knowing which Forrest's are in your ancestry from the 1700's and 1800's.

Thanks for your interest, and if you find out anything about George Forrest, let me know.

Gene Forrest
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gene Forrest 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Corinne470 1 Jun 2005 12:11AM GMT 
Gene Forrest 1 Jun 2005 2:30AM GMT 
TeresaJGorge 5 Sep 2009 7:04PM GMT 
geneforrest 7 Sep 2009 12:54AM GMT 
drader77 7 Oct 2009 12:03AM GMT 
drader77 8 Oct 2009 12:59AM GMT 
geneforrest 28 Oct 2009 4:08PM GMT 
drader77 3 Nov 2009 3:57AM GMT 
themways 28 Nov 2011 4:30AM GMT