Search for content in message boards

James Addison Alexander, Mecklenburg, N.C.

Replies: 1

James Addison Alexander, Mecklenburg, N.C.

Posted: 9 May 2013 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2013 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander, Wray, Lucas
I am searching for James Addison Alexander and wife Margaret C. Alexander of Mecklenburg, North Carolina.

The marriage records I can find, list James Addison Alexander and Margaret C. Alexander, June 29, 1816. There is no other surname listed for the wife so I am assuming she also was an Alexander, which is entirely possible, since there are at least four Alexander families living in that area during the time.

What I do know is this:

They had at least two daughters, a Laura Minervia (or Minerva) Alexander (born 12 Feb 1828 in N. Carolina and died 27 Sep 1872 in Ozark, Arkansas) and a MF Alexander (no known names for those initials at this time). I have no birth or death dates for MF, although I do know her husband's last name was Lucas and they lived in San Augustine Co., Texas, in 1852.

Laura Minervia ended up marrying William Wray, originally of White Plains, Brunswick, Virginia, but they were in Fayette Co, Tennessee, in 22 Dec 1846, when they married. That leads me to believe that James Addison and his wife might have immigrated there from N.C. as Laura was only 22 at the date of marriage.

Any information on James and Margaret, their daughters Laura Alexander Wray and her husband William Wray, and MF Alexander Lucas and her husband "Unknown" Lucas, will be greatly appreciated. This is a major roadblock in my research.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
matamy1 10 May 2013 5:33AM GMT 
matamy1 26 Aug 2013 2:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic