Search for content in message boards

White family

Replies: 27

Re: White family

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks, yes, now I remember.

If you'll email my business address, dena@denawhite.com, I'll send you the bit of information I've put together on the Whites/Browns. I don't want to post it publicly because it's a work in progress, and I don't want to put out misinformation that could get misquoted in various genealogies multiple times for decades to come.

Yes, probably any Whites you run across associated with the Kemps are the John White / Mary Jones line. His daughter Jane married Joseph Kemp. Right now, I'd say that probably any Whites on the northwest side of the river, near Jones Creek, Ellis Creek, Panther Branch, Little Brompton and many at/near Elizabethtown are John White / Mary Jones relatives.

Right now, I'm not sure about the rest. I've identified at least three daughters of William White and Margaret of New Hanover. At first I thought William Jr. might have died without descendants, but I've stumbled onto a couple of things recently that may be changing my mind. And I'm also starting to think William and Margaret probably had other children, as well. Almost certainly this batch of Whites is related to the Donohos, given that William sold his piece of land near Donoho Creek to William Bartram in the 1730s and we see them showing up together in wills.

In addition to the Whites near Elizabethtown, there were Whites near Hammonds Creek, a few miles below Elizabethtown; Whites near Lake Waccamaw and White Marsh, which would probably now be in Columbus County; and Whites near Browns Creek (which may have been named for George Brown's family, not sure yet); and my Whites near Bryan's Swamp. With so few surviving records, it's a bit of a puzzle figuring out how they fit together, if they do, but I'm making some headway.

I've been compiling chronological charts on all the Whites in Bladen / New Hanover in the 1700s, trying to disambiguate where I can. Slow work.

Remember to send me an email.

Thanks,
Dena

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DenaWhite1962 5 Aug 2012 9:37PM GMT 
DenaWhite1962 19 May 2012 8:28AM GMT 
DenaWhite1962 23 May 2012 7:27AM GMT 
DenaWhite1962 26 May 2012 7:03PM GMT 
Ed_Donaho 27 May 2012 3:43PM GMT 
deejai1234a 27 May 2012 6:23PM GMT 
DenaWhite1962 28 May 2012 1:43PM GMT 
Ed_Donaho 28 May 2012 4:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions