Search for content in message boards

Bettie Liverman/Vaughan

Replies: 4

Re: Bettie Liverman/Vaughan

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
I see that you are researching a few family names from my family tree and wonder if there is a connection. I have a Bettie S. Liverman born about 1891 whose mother was Sarah Liverman born 1860. Bettie had two brothers one named Paul W. and the other Rence Liverman who married Daisy Vaughan. It is through that line that I am somewhat connected. I now live in Lawton, Ok , but I grew up in Murfressboro, NC which is next door so to speak to Woodland, NC. You mentioned that you thought that your GG Grandmother was buried in New Haven, NC. Perhaps because you are in TN, you associated New Haven with an area located in Alleghany County of NC, which is very near TN. I think that may be in error. Growing up, I remember attending a church called New Haven right there in Murfreesboro, NC. Although I honestly don’t remember a cemetery at that church, there was probably a cemetery associated with that church. For example, I was a member of Nebo Baptist church……The cemetery associated with this church is still located at a previous location of the church from years ago. That cemetery is called Old Nebo Cemetery. It is possible that the New Haven church had an old location for their cemetery. You also seem to be researching Maget, Maggett, Majjettes (with all the various spellings) My mother’s maiden name was Majette. Although someone suggested that the spelling was changed because of security reasons, the truth is that the Majettes didn’t spell very well. So whenever they had to fill out office documents like birth, death, marriage certificates or census reports, it was the person who fill out the document who spelled their names the way it sounded to them at the time. That’s why I have often found people in the same family with different spellings of their name. Hope this is helpful. Also visit my family history site at www.jerrywoodfamily.org
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
c_dot75 29 Nov 2012 11:35PM GMT 
LM54 30 Nov 2012 6:57PM GMT 
c_dot75 1 Dec 2012 1:12AM GMT 
jlwood761 1 Apr 2013 3:05AM GMT 
c_dot75 22 Jun 2013 3:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions