Search for content in message boards

Daniel McDaniel, Onslow County, NC

Replies: 0

Daniel McDaniel, Onslow County, NC

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDaniel
Looking for any info on Daniel McDaniel, he is my GGGGrandfather.

A cousin told me: Daniel McDaniel first appears in the census of 1810 as a single man between the age of 15 and 26 (if I am reading the census right. census at that time were confusing). At the same time in Onslow County, there was a woman (head of household) named Mary McDaniel that had two sons between 1 and 10, one son between 11 and 15, and two sons between 15 and 26. Mary does not appear in later census.

Daniels son Edward Archibald gave his father’s birthplace as NC and Daniel was the only McDaniel living in Onslow County for the whole period 1820-1840. He also had a son Issac McDaniel. It looks like he and his first wife had 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls, it is believed his first wife's name was Mary? His second wife was Holland Guthrie and per their marriage license they were married in Onslow, NC August 5, 1839. I did find a Daniel McDaniel living in Onslow, County, NC in the 1830 and 1840 Census. 1830 Census shows 7 people living the home and 1840 Census shows 6 people living in home. 1 male 50-59 Daniel, 1 male 5-9, 1 male 15-19 (Edward probably), 1 female 30-39 wife, 2 females 10-14.

Daniel must have died before the 1850 Census it only shows his 2nd wife Holland age 50, Issac McDaniel age 9 and William J. Guthrie age 19 a son from her previous marriage.
Trying to find any info on his first marriage, dates, names, names of their children, when he died and where he is buried. Anything. I have lots of info to share.
I know this says Janet Vining she is my cousin and we share Ancestry. I'm Ted Johnson and live in Atlanta. You can reach me here or thru my blog, http://portorangeted.blogspot.com/

many thanks for any help
Ted Johnson

Find a board about a specific topic