Search for content in message boards

Looking for any information related to Gillett famliy members

Replies: 6

Re: Looking for any information related to Gillett famliy members

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 12:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is so exciting - the Gillette family (now with an e) are known to be early pioneers in Manatee County, Fl. There was even a community named after them, that is how the e came onto the name. My husband's grandmother on his dad's side was a Gillette. She was Meribah Gillette, daughter of Caroline Alderman and Daniel Gillette.

There are 3 generations that I have who lived in Onslow, they are: John William Gillett (b 1775 in Onslow and died in Wayne GA in 1820. He married an Elizabeth ???(1777). His father was Anderson Gillett (b. 1749 and died 1788 in Onslow). He maried a Philany ??? (1749-1784). His father was John Gillett(b. 1720 on Eastern shore d. In Onslow County. He married an Elizabeth Patterson Ramsy who was born in Accomack Co. and died in Onslow.

I hadn't thought that they were in the area of the military base. I am in Florida and not familiar at all with NC, except for the Asheville area.

There is a person on ancestry.com who has a huge Gillett tree, many with pictures. If it turns out that we share relatives, I will send you my tree invite - it is private at this time since I am still working on it and have to prove alot of information.

I once found info on where John or Anderson lived. Now I can't find it but it had something with pig or hog in the name. At the time, I knew I should have saved it to my shoebox but evidently I didn't. Seemed as though it was close to where the Boston's lived.

Thank you once again for contacting me. I would love to talk with you about these families.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mmboston1 27 Feb 2013 3:03AM GMT 
binjijerline 21 Aug 2013 3:10AM GMT 
mmboston1 22 Aug 2013 12:46PM GMT 
binjijerline 23 Aug 2013 4:42PM GMT 
mmboston1 23 Aug 2013 6:28PM GMT 
mmboston1 27 Jan 2014 1:10AM GMT 
mmboston1 27 Jan 2014 1:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic