Search for content in message boards

William and Margaret King Family

Replies: 0

William and Margaret King Family

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boston, King, Ravot, Gillett
I am trying to find a connection between the James Boston family of Onslow County (mid to late 1700's) and a William and Margaret King who also lived in the area at the same time.

When James' wife, Elizabeth Dell Briggs died 10 days after giving birth to George Whitfield Boston, James wrote in his family records, "that in William and Margaret King,he would have loving parents." I believe he had to find a woman who could nurse this newborn child and that perhaps Mrs. King was either somehow related, a close family friend, neighbor, or attended the same Methodist Church.

If I have the correct King family, then William was born in 1775-died in 1834 in Savannah, GA. His wife was Margaret Marie Ravot, daughter of Abraham Ravot of the Rev. WAr. Her dates were 1785-1837. It appears that they married in 1810 and did not have any children of their own that were living in 1812 when George was born. After that they had a number of children, several though that did not live to adulthood.

The names Ravot, King, Colson, Dell, Gillett(e), Tyson (Tison) all are intermingled together through the years as it seems they moved from Onslow area to Effingham/Chantam counties in GA, then later to FL.

George Whitfield must have held them in high regard as he named his two children William King Boston and Margaret King Boston. James went on to marry a second time and had another son named Thomas. It is not known if George returned to live with his father or remained with the King family once they had other children.

Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions