Chisenhall

Replies: 3

CHISENHALL

Richard Pickett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHISENHALL, STRICKLAND, LEIGH, RIDGEWAY, MANNING, WOODS
Family Group Record
==========================================================================================
Husband: Alexander CHISENHALL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will: 17 Dec 1795 Orange County, NC

Death: aft 17 Dec 1795Orange County, NC

Probate: Feb 1798 Orange County, NC

Marriage:
==========================================================================================
Wife: Celah STRICKLAND
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Children
1 M Rueben CHISENHALL

Spouse: Jane LEIGH
2 M Samuel CHISENHALL
3 M John Delaney CHISENHALL Sr.
4 F Elizabeth CHISENHALL

Spouse: RIDGEWAY
5 F Sarah CHISENHALL

Spouse: MANNING
6 F Markey CHISENHALL

Spouse: Sampson WOODS (m 22 Jul 1783)
============================================================
============================================================
FAMILY NOTES

HUSBAND NOTES: Alexander CHISENHALL
Will: Witnessed by John Reeves

I'm looking for anything on the ancestors of:
Individual Summary - 8 Oct 2000
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Davis CHISENHALL
Sex: Male

Individual Facts
Birth 1810 Orange County, NC
Will 18 Sep 1876 (age 66) Orange County, NC
Death Feb 1877 (age 67) Orange County, NC
Burial aft Feb 1877 (age 67) Proctor/Vickers Cemetery, Durham, NC
Probate 28 Jul 1877 Orange County, NC

Marriages/Children
1. Nancy PROCTOR
Marriage 19 Apr 1832 (age 22) Orange County, NC
Children James G. CHISENHALL (1834 - aft 28 Jul 1877)

Mary A. CHISENHALL (1836 - aft 28 Jul 1877)

Elizabeth CHISENHALL (1837 - )

Nancy Emily CHISENHALL (29 Jul 1838 - 1 Dec 1882)

Sarah Jane CHISENHALL (1841 - aft 28 Jul 1877)

Notes (Individual)
Will: I, Davis Chisenhall of the County of Orange and State of North Carolina being of sound mind and memory but considering the uncertainty of my earthly existence do make and declare this my last will and testament in manner and from following, that is to say:
First: That my executor hereinafter named shall provide for my body a decent burial suitable to the wishes of my relatives and friends and pay all funeral expenses, together with my just debts, howsoever and to whomsoever owing out of the monies that may first come into his hands as a part and parcel of my estate.
Item: I give and devise to my beloved wife Nancy Chisenhall all my land whereon I now live to have and to hold to her the said Nancy Chisenhall for and during the lesser of her natural life or widowhood together with all my perishable property.
Item: I give and bequeath to my grandson James Marion Vickers after the death of my beloved wife Nancy Chisenhall all of that portion of land commencing at the corner on the Branch thence running with the spring branch southwest to the old Hillsboro road thence with the said road to the west side of my land including all the north end of my land, one cow and one feather bed to him the said James M. Vickers and his personal representatives forever.
Item: I give and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Jane Markham one dollar as her portion of my estate.
Item: My will and devise is that all the residue of my estate if any after taking out the devises and legacies above mentioned shall be equally divided between my three children, James G. Chisenhall, Mary A. Gainey, and Nancy Emma Vickers share and share alike to them and each of their executors administers and assigns absolutely forever.
And lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my trusty friend William G. Vickers my lawful executor to all interests and purposes to execute this my last will and testament according to the true intent and meaning of the same and every part and clause thereof, hereby revoking and declaring utterly void all other wills and testaments by me heretofore made.
In witness whereof I the said Davis Chisenhall do hereunto set my hand and seal this 18th day of September 1876.

His
(Jgd) Davis x Chisenhall

mark [seal]

Signed, sealed,
Published and
declared by the
said Davis Chisenhall
to be his last will
and testament in
the presence of
us who at his bequest and in his presence
do subscribe our names as witnesses
thereto.
Witness
F.M. Proctor
J.K. Proctor

North Carolina
Orange County

I, S.M. Gattis, Clerk of the Superior Court, do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true copy of a will as recorded in this office this 15th January 1889
{LS} (Lgd) S. M. Gattis

General: 1779 Orange County Tax List:
William Chipenhall: 2785 pounds
Samuel Chipenhall: 400 pounds

C540 John Chisenhall
C540 Samuel Chisenhall
C520 Rueben Chisenhall
C500 William Chisenhall

C540 Burrel Chisenhall
C540 Rueben Chisenhall
C540 Samuel Chisenhall
C540 Celid Chisenhall
C625 William Chisenhall

C540 Burl Chisenhall

C540 Elisha Chisenhall
C540 Delaney Chisenhall
C540 John Chisenhall
C540 William Chisenhall
C540 Mary A. Chisenhall

C254 David Chisenhall
C254 Davis Chisenhall
C254 Elisha Chisehall
C254 Person Chisenhall
C254 William Chisenhall
C254 Elizabeth Chisenhall

C254 Frances Chisenhall
C254 Burrel Chisenhall
C254 David Chisenhall
C625 Elisha Chisenhall
C625 Person Chisenhall
C625 William Chisenhall

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dixieisn_1 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Pickett 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
SteffnNV 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
kypc123 3 Jan 2011 7:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions