Search for content in message boards

William Parten b. 1792 NC_DNA proofs_seeking more

Replies: 0

William Parten b. 1792 NC_DNA proofs_seeking more

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 11:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parten, Cocke, Stith, Bolling, Meriwether, Barnes, Bynum
My name is Donna Parten. Greetings to my cousins of all spellings.

I received proof of descendence from William Cocke Partin (1700-1784) through autosomal DNA testing with FTDNA Family Finder. WCP married Joannah Stith and I have DNA matches w/ descendents of other Stiths of that era, so we can rest assured: the Partins in the early 1700s were part of the Stith-Bolling and Allen-Hunt clans of mid-1600s Chas City County VA. I'm still working on DNA connections with the Cocke, Meriwether, and Culpepper families w/ whom I have DNA matches but we descendents haven't yet found the marriages that connect them w/ Partins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Names of William Cocke Partin's siblings and their spouses' surnames are essential to this task; dates/places of birth add value.

I also match the DNA of a Partin line who was in Burke Co NC, passed thru GA, and went on to TN. I do believe we are all descendents of the same progenitor, Robert.

But that's frosting on the cake. My true dilemma is the missing Partin men (how many? 2? 3?) between William Cocke Partin and my g'g'greatgrandfather, William Partin b. 1792, NC. Conversations with Doris Parton point to my Wm being in the same line as her Moses Partin, using NC neighbor surnames Barnes and Bynum. But some neighbor surname evidence points to Burke Co NC.

I have more pointers but won't go into them here. Instead, would anyone like to work w/ me on this in a concentrated way, who can spare some time (for a few days or weeks)? Doris was very helpful; and it IS timeconsuming. The most helpful of all would be an autosomal DNA test thru FTDNA or 23andMe. It can be taken by men or women, just so you're a direct Partin (all sp) descendent.

With appreciation,
Donna Parten
See my Ancestry tree, "Grant Allen Parten Family Tree"--if you dont have an account and want to see it, email me at partendonna(at)gmail(dot)com and put "May I see your Parten tree?" in the Subj line.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions