Search for content in message boards

Is there still a PASQUOTANK HISTORICAL SOCIETY?

Replies: 1

Is there still a PASQUOTANK HISTORICAL SOCIETY?

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 11:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blount Koen
Frederick BLOUNT was in Pasquotank Co., NC 1800-1830, then AL
raysal_1
Classification: Query
Surnames: BLOUNT KOEN

Seeking BLOUNT information - families in EARLY Pasquotank Co., NC, especially siblings/parents of:

Frederick BLOUNT
b Bet. 1774-1779 most likely in NC
m bef 1795 - most likely in Pasquotank Co., NC to Mearrum
d 1836 Washington Co., AL

This Frederick is listed on Pasquotank Federal census records: 1800, 1810, 1820 & 1830. The tallies seem to match up with the same man who moves to Washington Co., AL after 1830. Frederick & his wife Mearrum/Miorrum or Mary live and die in Washington Co., AL

It is highly likely that Mearrum/Miorrum or Mary was a Koen [spelled many different ways]; there are many posts that she is indeed a Koen - but all I have seen are UNsourced.

Many Ancestry.com TREES have the same Frederick Blount whose vitals are above glommed on to BLOUNT trees with what appears to be a "forced fit" I am trying to either confirm, or negate, the connections via seeking OTHER "possibilities"

I located publications in the 1990's in B'ham, AL Public Library:
YEAR BOOKs by PASQUOTANK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Elizabeth City, NC
Gateway Press, Inc.
1954-1955 Volume I indicated on p94:

"Now available are the CHARTS of the families ELLIOTT, POOL, and WHITE. Others well along toward completion are: BAILEY, BLAND, BLOUNT, PENDLETON, SUTTON, TOM(E)S and WOOD. The work is being done by volunteers, mostly on their respective family lines. Professional search services are difficult to obtain even when one is willing to indulge in the expense. Information is exchanged on a basic of mutual assistance. The lithographed CHARTS are available for one dollar each, which includes cost of mailing without folding. Future volumes of the YEAR BOOK projects and progress in recording the genealogy ..."

MY QUESTIONS:
(1) Were there ever BLOUNT charts produced?
(2) If so, where are they & how can I get copies now?
(3) Is there still a PASQUOTANK HISTORICAL SOCIETY? I have not yet been able to find contact information on the Internet.

Respectfully,
Sally Randol-Hardy
Springville, AL
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
raysal_1 10 Sep 2012 5:02PM GMT 
MariaOBX 13 Feb 2014 7:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions