Search for content in message boards

BOSWELL

Replies: 3

Samuel Williams/ Bennett Williams

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Peed, Roberts
I am researching the Samuel WILLIAMS line. Samuel married Sarah ROBERTS, daughter of David Roberts on January 15, 1803 in Person County, N.C.
David was a witness.
Samuel had a brother named Bennett who married Maria PEED. The deed records that Kent Williams sent to me as he stated are not congruent. However, Samuel seems to be the only one who moved unless Bennett moved to Chambers Co., AL and remarried a Frances Unknown /
~~~~~~~~~
Samuel and Sarah Williams had the following children:
*Jesse Williams Abt. 1810 died February 24, 1858 in Montgomery CO., N.C.
*Lydia Williams Abt. 1810
*Parthenia Williams Abt. 1814 Married Alex Byrom in Robertson Co., TN. Ale
*Elizabeth Williams September 07, 1814 Married John Jackson
*Mary Williams Abt. 1816
*David Williams May 06, 1817 in N.C.
*Bennett Williams Abt. 1819 in N.C.
*Solomon Williams Abt. 1826 Married Mary Ann Smith

Deed records indication these connections.
pg. 163 #262 ELIJAH WILLIAMS to Caswell Vaughn for $102, 50 acres on Cubb Creek adj. SAMUEL WILLIAMS

Is Elijah family?

Last time Sarah showed up in Person County.
Sarah M. Williams witnessed deed from Zachariah Vaughn heirs to their sister, Milly Vaughn.
June 9,1827
DBH pgs 350-351

My family seemed to have lived around the Granville County line. Samuel bought land on Bush Fork Creek around southwest Person County.

I believe that the elder Bennett Williams was SamuelÂ’s father but have no proof of his family.
Bennett sold 1 salve boy to Elijah Williams in 1813.
Was Elijah his son?
Elijah married January 1820 to unknown with Wm. Fowler and Granvill Vaughn as witnesses. Granville is on several deed truncations with Bennett.

Sally Williams was buying land adjacent to Bennett Williams in 1867.
Was she a daughter?

1790 Census shows Bennett in the St. James District

Bennett Williams sold 183 acres to Samuel Williams on Cubb Creek in 1805 in Person County.

1806 J. Layton an orphan was apprenticed to Samuel Williams.

1836 Samuel Williams bought 150 acres from Jonas PARKER. This was land that Bennett Williams had deeded in trust to Parter to secure debts to BennettÂ’s daughter, MARY and JANE for $250 AND ALSO ANOTHER DEBT OF BennettÂ’s for $51. This was the land on which Bennett had lived.

Samuel and Sarah were in Tennessee in 1840 because Samuel was in
Tennessee in the 1840 census. He was at Pickney Gunn's estate sale and owed his estate $2.80.

David Williams, son of Samuel and Sarah married Barbara Elizabeth GUNN October 16, 1839 in Robertson County, TN.

This is where Sarah died.
I am desperately trying to find out more about SamuelÂ’s siblings and parents.
If you can help or connect, please do not hesitate to email me.
Thank you so much,
Nancy in Springfield, TN.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
walter d. boswell 8 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Nancy 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
muzical2u 19 Feb 2013 3:07AM GMT 
muzical2u 19 Feb 2013 3:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions