Search for content in message boards

BUNTIN

Replies: 3

Re: BUNTIN

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is what we know. William Buntin married Sallie or Sarah Jones in 1808. Their children were born in Halifax County, Virginia. The names of their children were James-born between 1809 and 1810. John-born in 1811, died in 1883 in Hopkins County, Kentucky, William Henderson-born in 1817 and died in 1901, Hopkins County, Kentucky (my 2nd great grandfather), Nancy Greenwood, born in 1822 in Halifax county, Virginia, died in 1900 Hopkins County, Kentucky, Madison, born in 1824, Halifax County, VA and died ?, Lucy, born in 1825, Halifax County, VA and died in 1908, Hopkins County, Kentucky, Sarah A., born in 1827 either in Halifax County, VA. or Person County, North Carolina, Samuel Faucette, born in 1830, Person County, North Carolina and died in 1893 in Stoddard County, Missouri.
As for William Sr. he was born in Virginia but we really have no idea where. His father may have been the one that married Elizabeth, his name may also have been William.
I have part of William Henderson's Journal but he never calls his parents by name. The first 67 pages have been destroyed or someone else has them but who, we have no idea. William H. talks about moving to North Carolina when he was 10 and that after the death of his parents, John migrated the family to Kentucky. James and William H first went to Indiana but eventually William H. ended up in Kentucky with the rest of the family. We still can't find what happened to James. We also have two marriage certificates that say their parents were William Buntin and Elizabeth and one that says his parents were William Buntin and Sallie Jones. The two that say Elizabeth may not have been in the William George's family but possibly Irby Green Buntin's family. We haven't any proof that William George married anyone else but Sallie Jones. We haven't been able to find a marriage certificate in 30 years that say that he married an Elizabeth. However, his father may have and we think she may have been Elizabeth Whitlow. The reason for this is that in William Henderson's journal he mentions that he ran away to his uncle John Whitlow's place. Elizabeth may have been John's sister. He died during the Revolutionary war and William Buntin Sr. is the one that witnessed the affidavit.
The Buntin family is so mixed up that it's a miracle that we've even gotten this far. I know from my cousin that lives in Tennessee now but spent most of her life in Hopkins County that her great grandfather would go to Tennessee on several occasions to visit relatives so now it has me wondering if William Sr. or possibly an offspring didn't land in Tennessee. According to family members who have now passed, William Sr. died in Granville County, North Carolina in 1832, that's why John migrated the family to Kentucky. It wasn't William Sr. Another thing that is mentioned in William Henderson's journal, he mentions that his father died 5 or 6 years .after they moved to North Carolina. He mentions then that the family was scattered and after spending time with the John Whitlow family, he finally made it home to his mother's. So, that is our dilemma. If William Sr. died in North Carolina, why wasn't he with his wife? She died not long after and that's when John just brought everyone together and migrated to Kentucky.
So, that's where we are with this mess. If William Sr. our 3rd great grandfather died in North Carolina who was in Tennessee?
Thank You for responding and maybe, like the rest of us, we can find this old jerk before he drives us all crazy.
Cris
crbuntin@msn.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jean Buntin Chamness 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
cbuntin58 20 Nov 2012 9:04PM GMT 
stujennings1 27 Nov 2012 2:02AM GMT 
cbuntin58 3 Mar 2014 7:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions