Search for content in message boards

Native American Ancestry or is it?

Replies: 2

Native American Ancestry or is it?

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peacock, Morris, Carnley, McCurdy, Sunday, Diamond, Gilmore, Dean, Creamer, Collins, Gilmore, Dixon, Bell, King
My mother born Morris and married to a Peacock told us our whole lives that her Grandmother was full blooded Cherokee. Well, 35 years later and many hours of research has failed to reveal just where the Indian blood comes into our line. She did look to be Indian and I have been told by people born and living on the Reservation that I look to be Cherokee but I have not found it. It was definitely not her Grandmothers as they are both McCurdy but there are many Morris' on the Dawes Roll and it may be one of those. \

I have traced her family from Irvin and William Dave Morris to William J and Burwell Morris to Jonathan Morris that married Nancy Loftin in Georgia.

Here are some other family members in case anyone could help me with this long puzzle in my family.

William Dave Morris and Irvin Morris married sisters named Elizabeth and Charlotte McCurdy.

Their father was George Washington McCurdy who married Mary Jane Carnley.

His father and my third Great Grandfather was Elijah McCurdy Born in SC who married Barsheba Sunday who In her photograph looks to be full blood Indian.

Her parents are John Sunday and Barsheba Collins Sunday.

There are many names of Collins on the rolls but I have been unable to find out who Barsheba Collins father is although some say John.

I would so appreciate any advice on where or what to do next as I would like to solve this one before I go on to another place. Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gloria3840 23 Apr 2012 12:58AM GMT 
Gloria3840 23 Apr 2012 1:02AM GMT 
HollyReiss 21 Sep 2013 7:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions