Search for content in message boards

Ostenaco's daughters

Replies: 2

Re: Ostenaco's daughters

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the reply... Yes, I followed documentation back to Tomberlin, but it is at that point that the path dries up... and that's where the link to other trees came in. You're right. I was immediately suspicious when it came to the 'Cherokee woman' and then to Ostenaco. That's when I did a lot of searching in different documentation (not Ancestry.com) on Ostenaco. I realize that Timberlake is well-documented, and definitely not one of my ancestors. And I was just wondering if the Tomberlin trees I found were taking a gigantic leap... Tomberlin/Timberlake... My grandmother on that branch of the family always said we had Native American ancestors, but I don't think she would have had any knowledge that it would have been back to her fourth great-grandmother. You're right about links to other trees being very unreliable... too many double entries of names and such. But the census records also suffer from mistakes in spelling of names... 'Chauncy' in one record and 'Chancy' in another (same ancestor with the same wife and kids). Makes it all a challenge.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twiss54 18 Aug 2013 4:17AM GMT 
KathyRoberts5... 19 Aug 2013 9:52PM GMT 
twiss54 24 Aug 2013 4:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic