Search for content in message boards

PATHKILLER, GARDENHIRE, ELDRIDGE, CANOE, MURPHY, SANDERS, RATTLINGOURD, GOURD, MCKENZIE, MCKENZIE

Replies: 40

Re: PATHKILLER, GARDENHIRE, ELDRIDGE, CANOE, MURPHY, SANDERS, RATTLINGOURD, GOURD, MCKENZIE, MCKENZIE

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pathkiller, Gardenhire, Bottoms, Nail
Hi Kristy,

I believe we corresponded for a while many years ago - I am a descendant of George Washington GARDENHIRE (b. abt 1796, m. Mary Elizabeth BOTTOMS), son of William Columbus Gardenhire b. abt 1776. The mother of George W. Gardenhire was either Ester/Easter NAIL (1778-1860) or Alcey Pathkiller.

I recently obtained some scans of the papers of Penelope Allen Johnson (held at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville) and while Sarah Pathkiller is mentioned, Penelope does not show Alcey Pathkiller as marrying Wm. C. Gardenhire. William C. and Ester Nail were the parents of James T. Gardenhire, who married Alcey's sister Sarah Pathkiller. I suspect that may be where the confusion comes from.

Trying to straighten all this out. Are there any contemporary sources that have the approximate timeline of Alcey Pathkiller's numerous marriages?

Would love to share information, as well as invite you to my Ancestry Family Tree (McKenzie-Campbell).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brookes McKen... 24 Oct 2012 10:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions