Search for content in message boards

John F McDANIEL b 1765

Replies: 2

Re: John F McDANIEL b 1765

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
This probably has absolutely nothing to do with the McDaniel of whom you speak, but my great grandfather Harrison Trogdon was "bound out" to Mr. Alan McDaniel and his wife Jane who had a farm in the Cedar Grove area of Randolph County. Harrison grew up, was released from servitude, left McDaniel's farm for a year, found a bride, came back and bought 16 acres of land from McDaniel's farm, lived out his life, raised his family on what once was part of Mr. McDaniel's farm. The road on which both houses were located is now named McDaniel Rd. My great grandfather Harrison was born in Randolph County in 1872 and I have never found who the parents of Alan McDaniel were. I haven't made this question a mission yet, just thought I would throw this out there with the area in Randolph County where these McDaniel's were. Oh - I also believe Alan and Jane were Quakers and attended "Science Hill" church according to a daughter of Harrison. He did not stay in the Quaker faith after he left.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debbieshields... 27 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT 
KatherineDBen... 27 Nov 2012 5:11PM GMT 
jclacoss 28 Nov 2012 11:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions