Search for content in message boards

Gilliam

Replies: 7

Re: Trogdon

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 5:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Well, I am thrilled that you are interested in your family history and I hope that you will continue your interest because your Trogdon side (and I am sure your Dad's side is just as interesting), but on your Trogdon side, you have a Revolutionary War Patriot - as a matter of fact, I just placed a flag on his grave (he died in 1805) He would be your great grandfather Let's see 9 gnerations back. You can go to this website and see a picture of that. So Floyd comes from a long line of Patriots. http://www.co.randolph.nc.us/hlpc/monuments.aspx
Randolph County, NC is where your Trogdon ancestors settled in the 1753's - from Maryland I might add.

How we are related - VERY closely. Floyd and my mother Edith are brother and sisters. Your mother Nancy is my first cousin. As her child, you are my first cousin once removed. I don't think me or my two brothers have ever met most of you, but we are the very, very close cousins.

That is a sad situation for me. Especially with my mother not well. I believe we need to have a "Trogdon" family reunion, while we still have Uncle Floyd and Aunt Berry and my mom, you know her as Aunt Edith. My mom would love for that to happen. I've heard her mention you. Are you in law enforcement? I know a son of Nancy and Ted's is in law enforcement - and I forget, I believe you have another brother - I don't remember his name. I was at your dad and mom's house a couple of years ago. I brought my mom up.

Anyway - if you are ever interested in your Trogdon lineage, please let me know - you are eligible right now to be a member of the Sons of the Revolution or SAR which I'm sure has a chapter where you live. I am in the Daughters of the Revolution DAR under William Trogdon - our mutual ancestor.

You can see the story of the "Billy Trogdon Cemetery" and a picture of the grave of our RW Trogdon. I spend about 2 afternoons a week out there - working in the cemetery and that is really the only place I let me dog out to run - it is way back in the woods. Take care Kevin, it is nice to meet you - if only by this!

My email is jclacoss@earthlink.net and I am found on facebook Jean Covington LaCoss - and there is also a Randolph County, NC Genealogists that has pictures of the cemetery if you are interested. Jean

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Glenda Trogdon Allen 13 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Jean LaCoss 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Glenda Trogdon Allen 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
WArrenWhitesi... 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
kmeyer0438 17 Dec 2012 1:52AM GMT 
jclacoss 17 Dec 2012 1:43PM GMT 
kmeyer0438 18 Dec 2012 12:27PM GMT 
jclacoss 18 Dec 2012 12:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions