Search for content in message boards

Solomon WALL, William JACKSON

Replies: 9

Re: Jackson Family c.1812

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 11:07PM GMT
Donna; Hello, my name is Jerry Jackson (Clyde's brother) and as you know, we too are trying to find Addison's parents and siblings. I'm helping Clyde, but I'm taking a little different approach. I had a DNA test done for a National Geographic project and they also have their own family tree project going on. Anyway I've found a few clues that may help us. Firstly, I've matched 66/67 markers to a James Wesley Jackson and 64/67 to a Thomas Jackson born in England in the 1600's, and a 65/67 to a Brice Jackson who was married to an Elizabeth Armstrong in 1802. OK? James W. is a direct descendant of Brice J. who is purported to be a son of Isaac Jackson and Mary Pearson who seems to be a direct descendant of previously mentioned Thomas. My candidate for ggggrampa therefore is Brice or one of his brothers, specifically Isaac III.(He,s the only Jackson in Randolph Countys' 1830 census who had a son the right age.) Besides that, Brices' descendants seem to have migrated to Texas. At least there is no mention of him in the 1830 census I looked at. Small world? Yes it is, but it's all circumstantial without the paperwork to back it up. Sooo, I think the County library in Ashboro, NC. is the place to look, but it's not accessible on line. Clyde says you live in Virginia? Would it be to much of a hassle for you to go to Ashborough to check it out? I know it seems like a short hop from where I sit (I live in Washington, also) but I'm still dragging my feet about going to Idaho and it's only 400 miles or so, so I'll understand if you can't. I've sort of been getting used to the idea of having to make the trip myself anyway. Incidentally, your David J's brother James J is buried there (Idaho) with his wife Amanda. Another incidental: The DNA report matched me as a descendant of Irish Quakers. As it turns out, to escape the Protestant persecution in England, our ancestors, along with several other families migrated to Ireland and became Quakers. .Also,I've read that three brothers of Brice were "disowned" apparently for owning firearms. That would explain why Addison was baptized as a Baptist.
One more thing, I worked on a research ship for the University of Hawaii for a few years with a guy named Lawson from Virginia Beach. Ring any bells? I don't know his first name. Everyone just called him Lawson. Even his girlfriend and some of his buddies from high school. I think he would be almost 50 by now. Enough babbling for now. Keep in touch. Jerry Jackson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Ossi 22 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Donna Jackson-Lawson 20 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Kathy Carter 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
JIMMIE ANDREW JACKSON 2 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
jsbarret50 4 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
donnakw1 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
NancyWeber26 27 Jan 2002 5:04AM GMT 
Donna Jackson-Lawson 27 Jan 2002 7:28AM GMT 
nancyweber31 27 Jan 2002 8:16PM GMT 
jayjay737 14 Feb 2013 8:20AM GMT 
per page