Search for content in message boards

Rutha Ann Norton from David Norton family???

Replies: 0

Rutha Ann Norton from David Norton family???

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 9:44AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Norton, Walters, Waters
I have a Rutha Ann Norton in my family tree who married a Reuben Walters/Waters in Marlboro County, SC. She also used the name Lucy.
I believe this is the same Rutha Ann Norton in the David Norton family tree. She showes up in the 1870 Richmond COunty Census with Sallie, Christian, Mahaly and MAry Norton. In 1880 Ruth shows up in the census with her sister Mahala in Marlboro Co., SC. Ruth then is in the 1900 Marlboro Co., SC census with her husband Reuben and her children.

Grave marker says DOB is Feb 9, 1864

1870 Rutha Ann Norton under Sallie Norton, Richmond Co., NC Race Mulatto age 5

1880 Lucy Norton with sister Mahala and John C. McNair, Brother in law., Marlboro Co., SC age 15

1900 census Marlboro County with husband Reuben Waters/Walters. Ruthy states she had been married 20 years. age 35

1910 census Marlboro County Lucy states that she had 13 children and only 9 were living. And that she had been married 29 years. age 45

1913 Nov 7 Death

Grave marker says RUTHA ANN WATERS DOB is Feb 9, 1864

Also Mahala married a John McNair whom she is in the census with BUT after John passed she married a Rora Walters in 1888 who is Ruth's Husband Reuben's brother. To much of a coinsidence there!

And also was her family Mulatto? I saw where Daivd was listed as a free black person. I have a photo of Ruth as an old woman and she does appear to be a dark skin woman.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions