Search for content in message boards

Any Leaksville/Eden researchers out there?

Replies: 25

Any Leaksville/Eden researchers out there?

Posted: 7 Jan 2004 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bullard, Eager, Kluge, Ray
I've run in to a dead end in finding some kind soul to do some research for me in the (formerly) Leaksville area of Rockingham County.

My 3x-great-grandfather died August 1870 at Leaksville (now Eden). He's buried at the Church of Epiphany Cemetery in Leaksville. I've positively hit a brick wall, with regard to locating his parents and a few of his children. So, I'm hoping that someone will look up Leaksville newspaper records for an obit (he was a prominent merchant in the area, so should have one, I would think, if copies of the newspaper still exist) and look up Rockingham County records for a will or probate record. He died suddenly, so I'm not sure that there will be a will, but there should certainly be a probate record, at the least, since he owned real property and a general merchandise store in town.

His name was John Hall Bullard. He is thought to have been born Feb-24, 1808, possibly in the Holliston area of MA. His surviving wife was Eliza A. Eager-Bullard. And, some of his children include:

Sarah Caroline Bullard-Kluge, wife of Charles Eugene Kluge
Annie Morehead Bullard-Ray, wife of James Bonaparte Ray
William A. Bullard
Charles T. Bullard
Nelly Bullard
Lula Bullard
Forrest (often misspelled Forest) Oscar Bullard

There may have been other children.

He built and owned the house at 650 Washington Street, Leaksville (now Eden). His store was called Bullard and Company, and was located in Leaksville. He operated the store with his partner and son-in-law, James Bonaparte Ray.

Any volunteers? I'll be happy to cover any expenses for this endeavor. I'm 3,000 miles away in CA, so can't do much from here.

Beth Bullard-Watson
Taylorsville, CA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabeee 7 Jan 2004 7:59PM GMT 
Michele 8 Jan 2004 8:32AM GMT 
okboogle_1 4 Jun 2004 6:39PM GMT 
rshook42 16 Jul 2004 4:53PM GMT 
elizabeee 19 Jul 2004 9:49PM GMT 
Deborah Isley-Chenault 21 Jul 2004 10:26PM GMT 
Heynowbuddy 29 Jun 2013 1:16AM GMT 
Mary Pruitt Morris 11 Aug 2004 2:59PM GMT 
unknown754520... 17 Aug 2004 3:44PM GMT 
Mary Pruitt Morris 3 Sep 2004 7:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions