Search for content in message boards

Martin Family

Replies: 3

Re: Martin Family

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 12:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for the reply. I think the Hoops came from PA, now that I am getting a better picture of this branch of my family.

It looks like my George Martin was born around 1784 (a 1850 census in Illinois has him at age 66) and was married to an Elizabeth Riddle back in Rockingham County. Possibly 3 out of his possible 5 children were born in and around there. His oldest might be Mary (b. 1805, Rockingham), then Aaron (b. 1815, Stokes), then William (b. 1816, Rockingham), next Richard (b. 1820, Rockingham). Two others were born on the trek West, Charity in Shelby Co, IN about 1826 and the last one is possibly a Wiley, born somewhere in Indiana. Mary and Wiley are assumed children based on an 1850 census of Edgar County, IL (attached).

If any of this seems to match I would greatly appreciate any information you can pass along. I know children were often named after grandparents (from both mother and father's side) so names repeat often... however, some names are just common, like "George." Until I had a hit on another descendant I was having the darnedest time searching "William Martin"! =)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Deb Hudson 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DJ_McVey 25 Aug 2012 11:53PM GMT 
1_joygannbrow... 9 Sep 2012 6:54PM GMT 
DJ_McVey 11 Sep 2012 6:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions