Search for content in message boards

Seitz/Sitz/Sides,and Langford/Lankford connection abt 1880 NC

Replies: 8

Re: Seitz/Sitz/Sides,and Langford/Lankford connection abt 1880 NC

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sides/Sights/Sites
I am trying to prove that Jacob Sights fought with the North Carolina Militia or other troops during the Revolutionary war. I have his enlistment papers for the 4 Light Dragoons in Penn., etc, but have found no proof of service for NC as he states in one of his court appearance while trying to collect a Rev. War Pension (which he never received one) You stated in our last exchange that Jacob witnessed some of the Black documents, maybe was even a bondsman of one of their marriages. Would you be willing to share that info? I am trying to have ol Jacob recognized by the DAR. I have submitted 122 pages of info on him, but bottom line unless I can prove his service in NC i.e. land or bounty received, etc they believe him to be a deserter and will not recognize him (Jacob says in his sworn statements before a court in Montgomery County, IL he was taken prisoner and put on a prison ship, then escaped while ship was docked near Charleston). I have found Jacob's name listed on a deed in Rowan NC, but only as a reference point when his neighbor was trying to sell some property. So anything you have that places him in NC would help...thanks...please contact me directly at caregiver.2006@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RoyChadwick61 1 Feb 2007 11:56PM GMT 
FredricZS 2 Feb 2007 12:20AM GMT 
RoyChadwick61 2 Feb 2007 2:24AM GMT 
NUTSaboutgene... 17 Sep 2010 4:48PM GMT 
FredricZS 17 Sep 2010 11:40PM GMT 
NUTSaboutgene... 20 Sep 2010 2:53PM GMT 
FredricZS 1 Jun 2013 5:15PM GMT 
NUTSaboutgene... 2 Jun 2013 4:50AM GMT 
kkgoetz 25 Apr 2011 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions