I have searched more carefully but still can't prove this info. Please do not accept it as Gospel. Check it out.
*Richard Barnes b ca 1650, Carshalton, Surrey, VA, md Rachel Croshaw d/o Major Joseph Croshaw.
Rachel Croshaw md 1st Ralph Graves [b ca 1625- May 1667]
Major Jos. Croshaw and wife, *Rachel Croshaw gave 1000 acres in New Kent Co VA to the newly weds; Richard Barnes and Rachel Croshaw. Ralph Graves Will in York Co VA, 5 May 1667-2 July 1667 gives names.
Rachel Croshaw Graves md 2nd Richard Barnes in York Co VA.
[See York Co VA records, page 124 for Patent and page 149 for Will.]
*Richard had son:
*Abraham Barnes b ca 1680 Carshalton, Surrey, Eng. d ca 1700 St. Mary's, MD, married Sarah McCarty b ca 1701 Lancaster Co VA. md ca 1700 St. Mary's, Maryland.
They had at least one son;
Abraham Barnes Jr. b ca 1701 St. Mary's Co MD,, wife unknown.
Ch; *Richard b ca 1723 St. Mary's, MD; John b ca 1725 NC; Sarah b ca 1727 NC; Unknown ca 1728 NC
*Richard Barnes ca ca 1723 St. Mary's, MD, d in Rowan Co NC. wife unknown. Children;
1. Samuel b ca 1750 Rowan, NC, no info
2. Elias b ca 17445 " , d 1807 Madison Co KY
3. Aquilla b ca 1746 ", no info
4. Richard b ca 1748 ", no info
5. Samuel b ca 1760 ", no info
6.* Amos b ca 1754 " ; see below
7. Shadrack b ca 1752 ",died KY, md ca 1786 Hannah Turner- see below
8. Abraham b ca 1758 Rowan Co NC; no information
* Amos Barnes, b ca 1754 Rowan Co NC, d Pulaski Co KY. Married Ailse [Lacy" Lunsford b ca 1752 VA.
1. Alcy married James Doolin b ca 1784, d ca 1876, md 10 Aug 1816, Pulaski Co KY.
2. Sarah no information
3. Abraham b ca 1787 NC; no infor.
Mary [Polly] Barnes born 1795 Pulaski Co KY, married Thomas Benjamin Hardister born ca 1785 NC, married 11 Mar 1813, Pulaski Co KY.
4. Rebecca b ca 1789 NC; no infor.
5. Matthew born ca 1790 Somerset, Pulaski Co, KY.
Shadrack Barnes b ca 1752 Rowan Co NC, died ca 1844 Copper Co, MO. Married Hannah Turner b ca 1767 Rowan Co NC, married ca 1786 Rowan Co NC.[ Hannah was dau. of Thomas Turner b 27 Aug 1734 VA, and Catherine Smith b 16 April, 1735, at Hopewell Twp. Hunterdon, N.J.]
1. Rebecca Elizabeth b ca 1779 Rowan Co NC, d ca 1850 Femme, Osage Twp, Madison Co KY, md Wm. Taylor, b ca 1775 Madison Co KY.
2. Aquilla b ca 1781 Rowan, NC d 23 Mar 1860 Scotland Co MO
3. Sarah b ca 1787 Rowan Co NC, d 20 Aug, 1873 Columbia Church Cem., Boone Co MO.
4. Philip b ca 1783 Rowan, NC, d 18 Jan 1867, Randolph Co MO, b Madison Co KY.
5. James b 18 Sept 1788 Moberly, Randolph Co MO. d 6 Feb, 1875 Moberly, Randolph Co MO
6. Amos b ca 1793 Madison Co KY, d 1837 Boone Co MO.
7. John b 1795 Madison Co KY, d 5 Mar 1870 Boone Co MO
8. Abraham b 7 May, 1796 Madison Co KY, d 23 Oct 1868, Woodland, Yolo, AL
9. Benjamin b 17 July, 1797 Madison Co KY, d 25 Dec 1885 Barnes Chapel Cem., Boone Co MO.
10. Ellender "Nellie" b 14 Jan 1800 Madison Co KY,
11. Thomas b ca 1804 Madison Co KY, d 1866, Collin, TX
12. Sophia b ca 1806 Madison Co KY, d 1873 Woodland, Yolo, CA.
Most of above information submitted to Ancestry.com by John Luddy Burke Jr. To share with him, he left his E Mail on site as firstname.lastname@example.org
He uses Ancestral Files of Family History Library- They are available on-line familyhistory.gov [I believe ] Ginny
PS- If this information is proved, descendants could apply to Ancient Planters, Jamestown, and other societies for connection to both Capt Thomas Graves and Major Joseph Croshaw. Both are on-line to review when/if one is interested.