Search for content in message boards

John Freeman, Samuel Freeman, Aaron Freeman, Isaac Freeman & James Freeman

Replies: 12

Re: John Freeman, Samuel Freeman, Aaron Freeman, Isaac Freeman & James Freeman

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Info provided in North Carolina marriages 1741-2000 has the Aaron Freeman in question marrying Mary Bentley on December 17. 1769. (Mary was the daughter on Thomas Bently and Hannah Beasly. I have also seen a copy of the marriage bond between Aaron and Mary giving her family's consent to the marriage

While I am uncertain about Aaron's ancestry and even birth, most researchers assume that he was 24 years old when he married in 1769 He is listed in both the 1810 and 1820 census. I have shown his date as 1825. I don't know the source of this info, but it seems clear that he was deceased by the time of the 1830 census.

If you are interested in the documentation I have on Aaron, see my tree (Joe B Freeman Family Tree) on Ancestry.com Among other things, there is information from work done by a Mary Hill Mosher from a book she published on colonial North Carolina Freeman families. She identifies several Aaron Freeman's including the one who is my ancestor (also the one in Rowan) She disproves that he is the Aaron Freeman they descended from a John Freeman in Bertie She also lists his known male children (starting with Joshua in 1770) and notes that there were female children whose names she could not identify.

Sorry the Hall reference was not one of yours. My Aaron, of Rowan NC, is just not old enough to be the father of your Sarah.

Joe Freeman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bernicedeniso... 21 Apr 2013 3:20AM GMT 
blueraine2 20 Jan 2014 9:26PM GMT 
tmbaf 21 Apr 2013 2:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic