Search for content in message boards

John Freeman, Samuel Freeman, Aaron Freeman, Isaac Freeman & James Freeman

Replies: 12

John Freeman, Samuel Freeman, Aaron Freeman, Isaac Freeman & James Freeman

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Freeman, Bently, Hall, Faggott
I am descended through Aaron Freeman b. abt. 1745 who marries Mary Bently. We have very clear documentation of our connection to two of his sons, Aaron Posey Freeman and Rev. Moses Freeman. Recently, we have found out through Y-DNA testing that this Freeman line started with a Native American male(tested Q1a3a haplogroup, Amerindian) who took the surname Freeman, proving the connection to John Freeman of Norfolk Co. VA very likely wrong as John of Norfolk's line tracks back to England. This is proven through other researchers, including Merrill Hill Mosher, Author of JOHN FREEMAN OF NORFOLK CO. VIRGINIA, who has done very thorough research.

With this information in mind, I've gone back to Aaron Freeman who marries Mary Bently, looking for other Freeman connections in the area of Rowan Co. North Carolina where we first find Aaron, looking for possibly familial connections.

Currently I'm looking for:

1. Information on John Freeman and Samuel Freeman who show up in Rowan Co. as early as 1759 on Tax lists.

2. Information on James Freeman, who is supposedly a witness for Aaron and Mary's marriage bond in 1769.

3. Information on Isaac Freeman who marries Agnes Faggott January 19, 1762. Isaac is listed as a Free Man of Color, and many have taken that to mean he was black. Native Americans were also listed as Free Men of Color on early census records, so I'm wondering if this might be a brother.

4. Information on Sarah Freeman who marries Adam Hall Jr. in Rowan Co. on March 16, 1778.

Any help is welcome. I understand that early researchers locked onto the Norfolk VA line, and that everyone since has listed Aaron Freeman descending through John Freeman of Norfolk Co. VA, to William Freeman and Mary Cording, to their son John Freeman and Tabitha Hoyter, to their son John. I also realize that this new information will effect many other researchers lines, and some may disagree with my findings. I've chosen to pursue this avenue of research based on the facts I have obtained and ask that other researchers respect that.

Thanks much.
Kim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
blueraine2 18 Sep 2009 11:53PM GMT 
tmbaf 8 Sep 2012 10:12PM GMT 
jfreemantn 5 Oct 2012 12:34AM GMT 
Joe4777 5 Oct 2012 5:48PM GMT 
Joe4777 5 Oct 2012 6:05PM GMT 
bernicedeniso... 18 Apr 2013 6:42PM GMT 
tmbaf 19 Apr 2013 5:55PM GMT 
bernicedeniso... 19 Apr 2013 7:41PM GMT 
bernicedeniso... 20 Apr 2013 1:38AM GMT 
tmbaf 21 Apr 2013 3:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions