Search for content in message boards

MENZIES, MINGS

Replies: 18

Re: MENZIES, MINGS

Posted: 24 Nov 2009 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Rowen- I have a copy of a hand written letter by Wm. Christopher Mings.It goes like this-

"My great gandfather Andrew Mings was born in Scotland and died in Rowan Co., North Carolina he had three sons Joseph borm in Charleston,South Carolina April 10th 1755. Died in Saline County, Ill. April 14th 1849. Alexander whom follow Daniel Boon to Kentucky then to Missouri and in crossing the Mississipi droped the letter s from his name and spelled it Ming and James the last known of him he was with the indiams at tilaco blackhand about 1782. My grandfather Joseph Mings was said to have twenty children but I can not account for but fourteen.Seven boys and seven girls the boys Aron, Joseph who dutched his name and spelled it Minzes. James,Daniel,William,George wolfscale adn Jacob. The girls were Nancey married Saml. Parriah? Margaret married ?, Polly married Benj. Taylor, Elizabeth married Samel. wm Owens, Sallie married Broods Perdue, Martha married Ervin Savage adn susan married Oliver Sutton?, my father Geo. W. Mings married Polly Kanatzer and had eleven chidren. Margaret died when about six years old.William,Christopher,joseph/sarah twins both died young.Nancy,?,Jane,Sally, Writh died young. Marry Ann,George Washington, Martha and Daniel was along with James DaSalles Capt of A? of Malitia in Ozark CO., Mo. and when I get my family out of Arkansas I joined th Union Army and was with Capr. Wm. Jackson. A good man, then with Capt. James DaSalee adn was there with Capt. Saml. Turner. I was with Colonel Henry Shepard,a good man.Then I was with Frida? Jones. Then Col. John McMahan. A good man. I was with ? Mcneil. John R. Sanborn Brigader General. I do not propose to write what I done in the Army.I leave it with my officers adn commrads to say wether I was n untiring soldier or not . My father George Mings was born July 10th 1806 Waynes Co, Ky. Died Dec. 26th 1886. I was born Dec. 17th 1831, Madison Co., Ky. was married Dec. 21st,1854, Fulton Co. Ark. to Nancy anna ?,who was born in Blunt Co. Tenn. March 7th 18?2. We had six children one girl and five sons. So good by. signed-William Christoper Mings
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
J. Hagedorn 9 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT 
jlminze 24 Jul 2001 11:14PM GMT 
hturner_1 3 Nov 2001 3:44AM GMT 
UNAEE2 13 Dec 2001 11:25PM GMT 
WildaCollins 25 Nov 2009 4:04AM GMT 
kent mings 8 Mar 2002 2:23AM GMT 
J. Hagedorn 8 Mar 2002 5:49PM GMT 
minze1 7 May 2002 8:03PM GMT 
J. Hagedorn 8 May 2002 3:39AM GMT 
Heather Jo 16 May 2002 1:52AM GMT 
per page