Search for content in message boards

BECHTLER FAMILY STORY.

Replies: 5

BECHTLER FAMILY STORY.

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 4:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bechtler
Just curious if anybody has heard this story about Carl Christopher Bechtler Jr. or Christopher Bechtler Sr. Carl Christopher Bechtler Jr. was my 4th great grandfather, and partner in the Bechtler mint with his uncle, Christopher Bechtler Sr. I heard the following story from my mother, who heard it from her aunt Belle Ellis Courtney. I am writing what I remember, and I know it could be complete ffiction, But I'm dying to know if there is any truth to this, or if anyone else has heard this:

One of the founders of the Bechtler Mint, either Christopher Bechtler Sr or Carl Christopher Bechtler Jr., was riding from his home in Rutherfordton, North Carolina, to Charleston, South Carolina, carrying a fortune in gold. He was traveling to Charleston to board a ship back to his natvie Baden-Wuerttemburg, Germany. He was never heard from again. They later found his horse, but neither the rider nor his gold were seen again. My aunt Belle said that the family came to the conclusion that he had been murdered for the fortune he was carrying.

If anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joy Brassfiel... 1 Aug 2011 10:20PM GMT 
BarbaraWCampb... 7 Aug 2011 8:33PM GMT 
Joy Brassfiel... 8 Aug 2011 9:02PM GMT 
BarbaraWCampb... 9 Aug 2011 12:14AM GMT 
BarbaraWCampb... 6 Oct 2011 8:19PM GMT 
bittnernc 1 Oct 2012 5:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions