Search for content in message boards

DODSON/CANTRELL

Replies: 1

DODSON/CANTRELL

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DODSON, CANTRELL, HENDRICKS
would like info on John W. Dodson and wife Mary M. Cantrell who lived in Transylvania Co.NC. John listed his residence as Rosman on the death certificate of wife Mary M. Cantrell. Mary was abandoned by her father after the death of her mother around 1877 along with four sisters. She and two of the sisters lived with G.H. Morgan listed in the Transylvani 1880 census. The other girls were Ida Nancis and Lana or Lena. Ida and Mary may have been twins. I can not find the other two girls, nor do I have their names. I have not been able to find out who Ida and Lena married either. According to their father in his Civil War Pension application, they were all living, but I don't believe he really knew, as he was living in another state and made no contact. He married or claimed he married Ary Margaret Hendricks, daughter of Jeptha and Martha Riggins Hendricks, who lived in Eastatoe on Nancy Mtn. If anyone can shed any light on this family, please respond.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Claire_Cantre... 19 Feb 2009 10:32PM GMT 
hanson_dodson... 2 Jul 2012 2:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions