Researching MEDLIN and other families

Replies: 3

Nathaniel Bivens, Sr.

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:43AM GMT
Surnames: Bivens, Bivins
There is a reference for Nathaniel BIVENS, Sr in the book,
The McLarty Familey of Kintyre, Scotland and Mecklenburg Co., NC and Their Descendants", complied by Adelaide McLarty, date unknown. The book reported that about 1740 the Scots began moving in the the Waxhaws from PA, MD, and VA.. There were 6-7 families there in 1751 followed by settlers chiefly from Augusta Co., VA. By 1850 there were 8000 white settlers there. Nathaniel BIVENS served on the first jury of the newly organized UNION CO., ND in 1843.

Notes on the BIVENS family said Nathaniel BIVENS, Sr. was of German descent (probably from the area of Germany where the protestants took refuge). He left PA and settled on Richardson Creek in Anson Co. with his wife Peggy TAYLOR and their 10 children. 8 were thought to have gone to GA. His will was dated 9 May 1816 and probated in the April Court 1818. Children: Abel, Wm, Sarah, John, Unity, Moses, Elijah, Lydia, Stephen, and Nathaniel, Jr. Lydia md. Wm. Billy Williams. Nathaniel Jr. md. Margaret James and had:
John, Henry, Culpepper, Robert, Joseph A., Jefferson, Edna, rebecca, Sally, Nancy, Drucilla, James, Hosea, and Eliza who md. Eber A Jerome s/o of Katie McLarty d/o Alexander Mclarty.

I was hoping Nath., Jr's son, James would turn out to be mine but he is too young. I am looking for a James Bivens/Bivins who died in St. Tammany Parish, LA in 1814. He left his wife, Elizabeth and minor children: James, Wiley, Henry, Mary, and Winney. Appr: Jesse Parker md. to a Sarah Wiley and George Stokes. Wit: John H. Miles, George Stokes, and Henry Jarrell. Jarrell and Parker were both in GA before moving to the MS Territory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kitty B. Hoffman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sascha12 13 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
DAVID 17 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
dlkwkj2121 16 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
bivensgn 22 Oct 2002 10:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic