Search for content in message boards

Need Wake County Information

Replies: 1

Re: Need Wake County Information

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 11:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am unaware of any Wake Co. Early Tax Lists for sale in any format. You might, however, find a listing of some of the types records, both on site and off, you are looking for by checking out the Wake County NCGenWeb site:
http://www.ncgenweb.us/wake/

FamilySearch.org provides free access to all of the NC Census Records, although some of the images may be linked through Ancestry or Fold3, for which a subscription is required to view. FamilySearch also has a number of North Carolina Records which might help in your research including The NC Probate Records includes free images of wills, inventories, and various other documents depending on the County; they are not indexed for searching, so one must look for the names through the book index for the years you are researching to find the images. They also have Estate Records, which are indexed and Searchable by name and County; I do see in the Wake County Collection an estate record for Jacob Moneyham.

If you haven't visited the site before, here is the link:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&a...

I suggest you go directly to the Collection of interest rather than trying to do a general search through the menu.

Also, many libraries have Heritage Quest and allow their patrons free online access to the site with the use of one's library card. HQ has all of the U.S. Census and other genealogy related material online accessable from one's own computer. You can check your own local library to see if they have Heritage Quest, and get instructions as to how to access it.

Deloris Williams
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Woody1933 5 Jul 2012 1:05AM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 6 Jul 2012 5:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions