Search for content in message boards

GEORGE family of Wake County

Replies: 0

GEORGE family of Wake County

Posted: 23 Jan 2014 8:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GEORGE
I began a WAKE JORDAN family history project three years ago. Learned many records were gone and I had to find some way to continue my work. DNA has helped me so much. I use DNA for many different surnames. It helps me find and confirm the pedigrees I am working. I realized my work is helping to get many early North Carolina families and branches established in the familytreedna.com's surname projects!

I need help from the GEORGE families of WAKE! The ones who moved to WAKE from CHATHAM/ORANGE and are still HERE in WAKE.

My work suggests one of the GEORGE families of Wake moved from Chatham/ORANGE COUNTY and I believe this line includes a JESSE GEORGE who was a REV. War hero. After the war Jesse moved to the Gallia OH area. His descendants ultimately settled in Indiana. Many many years ago one of Jesse's descendants established his branch in the GEORGE surname project. My work concentrates on families who settled early Wake (maybe now Harnett/Johnston too) families, I believe I have isolated a WAKE GEORGE family as the one who connects with the INDIANA GEORGE family!

The GEORGE family of INDIANA was one of the pioneers when it comes to DNA. Their kit was one of the first. They have waited a LONG, LONG time to find and connect with their Carolina GEORGE family. I believe the GEORGE families of SOUTHERN Wake are the right GEORGEs! I believe they now live in Southern Wake, Harnett, and/or Johnston Counties.

I was surprised to not find the Wake GEORGE families represented in the George family surname project at all! I believe participating will help our Carolina Jordans find their even earlier Maryland connection! We need each part of this puzzle participates.

ALSO I wonder if our WAKE GEORGEs or even the ORANGE/CHATHAM branches of the same family have any BIBLE records or early records to help the INDIANA GEORGEs understand their family better?

I hope our WAKE GEORGES will submit either a 37 Y-marker or a familyfinder kit through familytreedna.com. That is where the other kits are waiting for their match!

Many thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic