Search for content in message boards

Turner Problem in Wake County

Replies: 6

Re: Turner Problem in Wake County

Sonja Ann (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2004 7:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I read your message query on rootsweb, and I am wondering if your ancestor might also be mine. My second great-grandfather was Mattiah Turner, born 1811 in North or South Carolina, who married an Elizabeth no last name (information from the 1850 Tennessee census). I do not know his ancestors, but he had a brother 14 years younger named John Turner living in Lincoln County, Tennessee at the time of the 1850 census. John married a Spicey no last name. Both John and Spicey are buried in Turner Cemetery near Reader, Arkansas. My great-grandmother Mary Mattie Elizabeth Turner was named for her father. She married a Jimi Stone, and they moved to Arkansas, where Jimi died of pneumonia 12 days after reaching the state. My grandmother was born six months after her father died. My great-grandmother remarried, and from what oral family history seems to indicate, neither the Stones or the Turners much approved of the marriage, and therefore my grandmother knew next to nothing of either her maternal or paternal lineage. I cannot trace Mattiah or John Turner past 1850. Just wonder if your Mattiah is my Mattiah's father.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LarryCates70 18 Sep 2002 8:26AM GMT 
Sonja Ann 26 Mar 2004 2:53PM GMT 
LarryCates70 27 Mar 2004 3:11AM GMT 
Sonja Ann 27 Mar 2004 2:01PM GMT 
LarryCates70 28 Mar 2004 2:10AM GMT 
Bettie 1 Apr 2005 2:49AM GMT 
JHAWK 7 Jun 2013 7:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic