Search for content in message boards

Alston, Spruill, Hill

Replies: 2

Alston, Spruill, Hill

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 2:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2014 4:02AM GMT
Hi there,

great to find this group!! I've traced my maternal ggfather Aaron hill back to 1880. He married my ggrandmother Maggie Spruill in Raliegh 1886. Maggie was rumored to be caucasian or mulatto because Aaron was a darker indian complextion man its also rumored that Maggies family pressured her leave Aaron and give up thier child Jerman Everett Hill (my grandfather). I see them married and living with Aarons brother George in 1900 in Raliegh then Maggie just disappears. I cant seem to find her origin or her death.I then see Aaron remarried and living with his inlaws and two small children: his son Jerman Hill and a 7month old baby named Wilmer L. Hill I don't know what became of this baby either.

My grandfather Jerman Hill met and married Mary F. Alston of Chadbourn NC. Mary's parents were Matthew and Maybelle/bettie Alston and her grandfather was Nelson Alston

If anyone can shed some light on who else maybe related to us it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
THKNGOD 17 Oct 2012 8:52AM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Oct 2012 9:46PM GMT 
THKNGOD 19 Oct 2012 1:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions