Search for content in message boards

Meadows family of Warren Cty., NC

Replies: 1

Meadows family of Warren Cty., NC

Posted: 25 Jan 2004 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a theory. I need help. Facts if possible and/or encouragement.
My ggggrandmother Patsey (Martha) Meadows married Abner Shearin in Warren county about 1795. Who are her parents? I only find two Meadows families in Warren County in the 1790 Census. They are Isham and Isham, I presume senior and junior. Isham Jr, born 1765 would be too young to be Patsey's father since she was born in 1775. However, in the census, I see Isham sr. with 12 members of the household. Three white men 16 and older including head of families, 7 white boys under 16, 2 white females including head of families, no other free people, no other slaves. I see a list for Isham I's children in ancestry.com. The ages of the children work with the census given that Isham jr. is the oldest and is listed in the census with 1 white man and 4 white females, (man, wife and 3 daughters and secondly, there are no girls listed! Is this girl in the census my grandmother Patsey?

Isham Sr's wife was Frances Acree Goode dau. of William Acree and Agnes Shearin. This Shearin is spelled just like Abner Shearin.

Does any one have in collaborating information? Could this be the case?

Donna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rg_and_donna 25 Jan 2004 10:48PM GMT 
chsmith39 11 May 2010 6:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic