We are obviously working the same line here. How do you relate to the Willoughby's? I am the grand daughter of James Erastus Willoughby born November 22, 1911. (His father, James Erastus was born June 14, 1877) He died on January 25, 1955. My Mother, Margaret Carolyn was one of his daughters.
How far do you go back with the Willoughby's, and the White's?
I do not know where Friley is buried. I would like to find out and hopefully find Nancy, his wife at the same time.
We are going to NC in two weeks, so I hope to find some more information then.
Here is what I have as James' children.
JAMES E. WILLOUGHBY was born January 24, 1850 in Hertford County, North Carolina, and died 1900. He married PERMELIA WHITE December 24, 1874 in Plymouth, North Carolina, daughter of FRILEY WHITE and NANCY COLLINS. She was born June 05, 1856 in Washington County, North Carolina, and died September 15, 1920 in Harrellsville, Hertford County, NC.
1. JAMES ERASTUS WILLOUGHBY, b. June 14, 1877, Plymouth, Washington County, North Carolina; d. March 18, 1918, Windsor, Bertie County, North Carolina.
2. MARY WILLOUGHBY, b. October 1879, Washington County, North Carolina, USA.
3. ANNIE GERTRUDE WILLOUGHBY, b. Abt. 1882, Plymouth, Washington County, North Carolina.
4. FANNY A. WILLOUGHBY, b. December 1883; m. GEORGE W. SMITH, April 20, 1904, Bertie County, North Carolina; b. Abt. 1868, Martin County, North Carolina.
5. NORA E. WILLOUGHBY, b. August 1885, Bertie County, NC; m. C. H. TODD, April 06, 1913, Hertford County, North Carolina, USA; b. Abt. 1873.
6. JOSEPH LLOYD WILLOUGHBY, b. September 04, 1886, Washington County, NC.
7. ELIZABETH WILLOUGHBY, b. April 1888, Colrain.
I do have more information, if you would like to contact me via email as I don't want to use up too much space on Willoughby's from Bertie Co. on the Washington Co web page.