Search for content in message boards

Combs, Ramsey & McNabb search

Replies: 6

Combs, Ramsey & McNabb search

Louise Whipple (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Combs, Ramsey, McNabb
My dads name was James Virgil McNabb, b. Nov.18,1893 and d. Sept. 17,1966.

His first wife was Lavienna Coleman and second wife was Recy Hazel McLaughlin.

He had one surviving brother (now deceased), Ike McNabb. Do not know the name of the youngest one that was killed with his parents or his age. No sisters.

All I remember my dad saying was that he was born in Johnson City, TN. His ancesters had come out of the Carolinas & Virginia. Because of closeness of location, I think Watauga could be a good possibility.

My grandma (my dads mom) was either from NC or Virginia.I have been told two different stories about who she was. My dad always said that her name was Mary Josphine Ramsey but have been told that her last name was Combs instead of Ramsey. I do not know the answer to that one, possibly a former marriage???

Any insight into this family would be appreciated, as I would like to find out anything I can about my dads kin because there is a void that needs to be filled.

I do not know very much about my dads kin as he was not one to talk about his past life. This is bits & pieces that I picked up over the years just listening to what was being said. I wish he had talked about himself or his life.

Thanks for any help -
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Louise Whipple 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
TINAPOE6 10 Mar 2002 5:46AM GMT 
dthrash1 14 Apr 2002 6:01PM GMT 
Louise Whipple 4 Jul 2002 6:50PM GMT 
JHendrickson 4 Mar 2008 9:47PM GMT 
rpack41 4 May 2008 7:01PM GMT 
rpack41 3 Oct 2012 11:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic