Search for content in message boards

William or Dave Davis of Mount Olive

Replies: 0

William or Dave Davis of Mount Olive

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 9:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis, Carrington
I am looking for whatever information I can find regarding William Davis, a man (white) who lived for some time in the Mount Olive, Wayne County area during the late 1800s or early 1900s. He's my paternal great great grandfather, and the only missing branch in my tree. He may have also gone by "Dave Davis" and may have been known better by that name. He was supposedly born in either the Union area of Pender County or near the border of Pender and Duplin County in the Rockfish township. According to stories told by my great aunts and my grandmother, he supposedly killed a man in the area, and in order to avoid arrest, he left the area and may have changed his last name to Carrington (spelling not exact). He may have died in a boarding home of some sort and the body was never claimed by his former wife, "Ida" Elizabeth Davis Holmes, so he may have been buried in an unmarked grave for all I know. I'm asking for any possible help or information. This man is the reason my family carries the surname "Davis" today, and I'd love to answer these questions I have had since I was young.

Find a board about a specific topic