Search for content in message boards

Will of John SHERRARD of Wayne Co.

Replies: 2

Will of John SHERRARD of Wayne Co.

Vikki Hollowell Highfield (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: SHERRARD, BARNES, FORT, PEARCE, LANCASTER
In the Name of God Amen The Twenty third day of September In the year of our Lord one Thousand Seven Hundred and Eighty Four I JOHN SHERRARD of Wayne County in the State of North Carolina being of Sound mind and Memory do make and ordain this to be my Last will and Testament that is to say my Soul I give into the Hands of Almighty God and my Body I commend to the Earth and as Touching my Worldly Estate I Give Devise and Dispose of the Same in the Following Manner. Imprimis. I Give and Bequeath unto my Son SIMON SHERRARD one Negro man Named JIMAS and one negro Girl nated CLOE to him and Heirs and Assigns forever Item I Give and Bequeath unto my Son JOHN SHERRARD my namor Planatation also a Tract Containing 228 acres Joining the Manor Plantation also one negro man Called SIGH and one Negro Boy Called PREMAS also one Feather Bed and Furniture to him and his Heirs and Assigns for Ever. Item I Give and Bequeath unto my Daughter ELIZABETH BARNES one Negroe woman Called CATE one negro Girl Named AMEY to her and her heirs for ever. Item I Give and Bequeath unto my Daughter RACHEL PEARCE one Negro Woman Called PEG also one Negro Woman Called NELL and her Increase to her and her heirs for Ever. Item I Give and Bequeath unto my Daughter PATIENCE FORT one Negro Girl Called GRACE her and her Increase also one Negro Boy called ABRAM to her and her heirs for Ever. Item I Give and Bequeath unto my Daughter ZILPAH SHERRARD one tract of Land on the north side of Naughhunty Containing 186 acres Joining a place Called the School house place also one Negro Girl Called WINNEY also one Negro Girl Called SELAH also one Man Called PIDGEN also one feather Bed and Furnitre and four Cows and four Calves to her and her heirs for Ever. I Give and Bequeath unto my Grandson ROBERT SHERRARD Son of ROBERT SHERRARD dec'd the plantation and Land on the Great Marsh the South side of Nawhunty Swamp Containing one Hundred and Sixty acres it being the Land and plantation whereon his Father ROBERT SHERRARD lately lived which I Give unto my Said Grandson and to his Heirs and Assigns for Ever. Item My will and Desire is that my Negro Boy REDDICK also my Negro Boy JACOB may be sold and the money Equally Divided among all my Son ROBERT SHERRARD Dec'd Children that may be living except my Grand son ROBERT before memtioned who is to have no part in this Division. Item my will and desire further is that all the Remaining part of my Estate may be sold and Equally Dividen amongst my Children SIMON, JOHN, ELIZABETH, RACHEL, PATIENCE and ZILPAH and my son ROBERT Children for them to have one Child's part no more Excepting only of my Estate my negro man ROSS whom I leave under the care of my Executors to Labour for himself. Lastly I nominate and appoint my son JOHN SHERRARD and BENJAMIN FORT and EVERITT PEARCE Whole and Sole Executors of this my Last will and Testament hereby Revoking and disannuling all former wills by me at any time hereto fore made and do Ratify and Confirm this and no other to be my last will and Testament. Published Pronounced and Declared by the Said JOHN SHERRARD as his Last will and Testament in presence of use the Subscribing Witnesses. JOHN SHERRARD (Seal). JOSIAH PEELE, WILLIAM FORT, WILLIAM LANCASTER. Proved January Term 1795.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Vikki Hollowell Highfield 4 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Sonseeahray51 29 Mar 2012 7:26PM GMT 
Meriam84 13 Dec 2012 3:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions