Search for content in message boards

Help Please!

Replies: 5

Re: Help Please!

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 11:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2013 11:35AM GMT
See discussion of this topic here, and I suggest volunteers add additional findings to that forum (Ancestry Message Board Douglas County, Wisconsin). Title of post "Can you help me?" LINK:

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=1652&am...

Per the information developed, Myrtle (or Myrl) Louise Young should get married AFTER 1905 and BEFORE 1910 in (possibly) Beltrami County, Minnesota. The poster is still looking for the exact date.

If the religion of the family can be determined (any ideas Delayne?) there might be a church record. Also a newspaper announcement of the wedding in/near Jones, Beltrami, Minnesota might have appeared.

Anybody out there in Beltrami County willing to do a look up? I don't find them on MOMS (Minnesota Official Marriage System) www.mncounty.com

I did not search for additional threads where this topic might be posted.

BTW "Help Me!" and "Can You Help Me?" aren't the best bets as titles for a query.

Everybody posting a query on a genealogy board is seeking help. What if they all posted a similar title? Picture a message board with these titles:
Help Me!
Can You Help Me?
Need Help
Seeking Help!
Assistance Required
Rescue Requested!!!!
Pleading for Help!
Please Read and Help
Will You Help?
Help with a Search
Please Lend a Hand
Can You Find the Answer?
Need Help with Info
Got Time To Help?
I'd Love Your Help
Your Assistance Appreciated
Request Help and Answers
etc.

Such titles do little to inform others of the topics of those posts! Meanwhile, what if your title was "Look-Up Request Marriage in Beltrami County, Minnesota 1906-1909" That title might attract an appropriate volunteer.

Hope you don't mind my suggesting you change your approach to titles, and my posting the suggestion online, as it does apply to other people as well.

All good wishes and best of luck! We are rooting for you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Delayne_Duhai... 24 Sep 2012 1:01PM GMT 
barbgk 24 Sep 2012 4:54PM GMT 
Delayne_Duhai... 24 Sep 2012 6:02PM GMT 
barbgk 24 Sep 2012 6:06PM GMT 
Delayne_Duhai... 24 Sep 2012 6:29PM GMT 
falsterden 7 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic