Search for content in message boards

Sebastian Drexler/Dreixler & Franziska/Frances Heck

Replies: 0

Sebastian Drexler/Dreixler & Franziska/Frances Heck

Posted: 21 May 2012 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Drexler Dreixler Heck Hek Volz Schmitt
I am a descendant of Sebastian Drexler (b. 1813) and Franziska (Frances) Heck (b. 1814). They emigrated from Germany to New Jersey in 1846 with their son, Tobias (b. 1837), and then settled in Wapakoneta, OH.

I believe I have found records on FamilySearch of Sebastian & Franziska's marriage, Tobias' birth, and more, as the dates match up. However, the surname spelling on the documents is "Dreixler". Does anyone know if this is the same line? If so, there is documentation of Sebastian's parents as Franz Anton Dreixler & Margaretha Volz, and Franziska's parents as Joann Peter Hek & Francisca Schmitt. The documentation is all from Bietigheim, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany.

If anyone has information about this family line (esp. whether I have the right parents matched up), please let me know! One discrepancy I have found (which makes me wonder if I truly have the right people) is that Tobias' birth date is 1837, but the marriage record for Sebastian & Franziska is dated 1840. I also found a record for a still born child, Maria Anna, in 1840 for the couple.

Find a board about a specific topic