Search for content in message boards

LUCAS FAMILIES IN BELMONT AND GUERNSEY COUNTIES

Replies: 7

LUCAS FAMILIES IN BELMONT AND GUERNSEY COUNTIES

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is there a proven family relationship between those early Lucas families found in Belmont County (1830 and earlier) with those from Guernsey County (1830 and earlier)? My LUCAS FAMILY, migrated from MD via VA and or PA prior to 1813. Some in Guernsey County and some to Muskingum co. 1830 Census shows Francis, Ephraim, Bennet, Brice, and John Lucas families all living next to one another in Center township of Guernsey County Ohio. A James Lucas was in Oxford Twp of Guernsey, unknown connection. Benjamin (my ancestor) was living in Muskingum County as early as 1813 when he enlisted during the War of 1812. Ichabod was also in Muskingum. I suspect Ichabod to be a brother of Benjamin though not proven. There was also an Isaac Lucas in Muskingum in 1830, unknown connection. There is a known relationship between Benjamin's family and at least some of the Guernsey County Lucas family based on a diary written in 1840 when one of Benjamin's sons returned to Muskingum County for a visit from Indiana, and mentioned visiting Benet Lucas. He also mentioned visiting his grandfather in Guernsey. There is also some written evidence that Benjamin had a younger brother named Nathan. Ichabod reports birthplace as Baltimore in his War of 1812 pension application. Benjamin reports birthplace as Maryland in census records. Some of the families that seem related by marriage (not proven in all cases) were CAMPBELL, PIERCE, CARTER, ROGERS, TITUS. I need help sorting out. At this point ANY clues would be helpful.
Thanks, Quentin Robinson rqrphoto@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Quentin Robin... 27 Aug 2012 7:04PM GMT 
Burkhard 28 Aug 2012 12:09PM GMT 
Quentin Robin... 28 Aug 2012 4:30PM GMT 
grnarledroots 28 Aug 2012 7:02PM GMT 
Quentin Robin... 28 Aug 2012 10:31PM GMT 
mdeming15 28 Aug 2012 11:45PM GMT 
Reed_William 18 Jan 2014 9:55PM GMT 
terrywillis13 19 Jan 2014 5:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic