I'm trying to document my ancestors that lived in Belmont in the late 1800's.
There are a number of clear birth records of children of Jacob Briggs and Adaline Martin for the children born 1877 and later, but a lack of birth records for the children born earlier.
Is anyone else researching this family and have info to share?
Jacob Briggs and Adaline Martin
The father seems to go by many variations including: Jacob, Jake, Johnsee, John See, Jones E, John C. Born between 1835 and 1845 in WV or VA. Fought in Civil War under the name of Johnsee. He filed for 'Invalid' pension in 1890. Widow's pension in 1905 so he likely died around that time.
Adaline is sometimes Adeline. Born 1845 - 1852 in OH. Pension for her remaining minor children in 1908 so she likely died around that time.
I have not been able to locate death record or burial sites for either of them.
Married in Feb or March 1870.
The possible children
- Margaret E b. 1869/1870
- Martha b 1870
- Urias (aka Roy) b 1872 d
- Sarah b 1873 m. Bell Powell d 1932
- Benjamin b 1875 d 1891?
- Annettie (aka Nettie) b 1876 m ? Mitchel d 1918
- Elisa J b Mar 6 1877 d ??
- Mary Lucy b Sep 1 1879 d July 1880
- Henretta Mary b Dec 26 1881 m Benjamin Franklin Duncan 1902 d 1965
- Earnest Earl b Aug 30 1884 m Emma Violet Hinegardner d 1935 (This is my ancestor and I have a lot of downline info on this line)
- Walter (aka Wally, Willie or Walley) b July 24 1887 m Georgia Rowan 1919 m Melva Guy 1939 d 1949
- Lottie (aka Leota, Oatie, Ottie) b May 4 1889 m McMahon 1904 m Taylor 1910 d 1970
- Frank b Aug 14 1893 d ???
- Essie b Oct 12 1895 d ???
- Pearl b April 1898 d ???