Search for content in message boards

Tate and Thomas Wtight,and, Rebecca Dick

Replies: 0

Tate and Thomas Wtight,and, Rebecca Dick

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 8:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found the following to go with my previous posting on TATE WRIGHT. Any other info would greatly be appreciated.

In Fayette Co., Ohio :

Blacksmiths:...... this is IMPORTANT:

In 1845, TATE WRIGHT, built a shop and carried on business about one year, when he sold out to THOMAS WRIGHT, who continued a short time.

THOMAS WRIGHT was 23 years old in the Des Moines County, Iowa 1856 census and living next door to TATE WRIGHT. THOMAS WRIGHT is living with ARMSTEAD DAVIS and his wife ELIZA A, DAVIS from Ohio. I believe the ARMSTEAD DAVIS might have married an ELIZA McGREGOR from Clinton County, Ohio.

This is the first record I have found with TATE WRIGHT connected to another WRIGHT man in Ohio.

Any information would greatly be appreciated on THOMAS WRIGHT. Fayette County and Clinton County, Ohio might hold the answer.

Marianne Dillow
Illinois

OHIO GENEALOGY EXPRESS

Welcome to
Fayette County,
Ohio

JASPER TOWNSHIP
Source: History of Fayette County, Ohio
Indianapolis, Ind. :: B.F. Bowen & Co., 1914

" The first blacksmith was Tate Wright, in 1845. "

" The towns and villages of Jasper township are and have been Plymouth, Jasper Mills, Milledgeville, Allentown, Edgefield and Pearsons. Plymouth, situated on the Palmer Pike, is the oldest place in Jasper township."

Now I have to check Fayette Co., Ohio out and Highland and Ross remembering Tate Wright married Rebecca Dick 29 Sep 1844 in Clinton Co., Ohio.

Fayette County was formed on March 1, 1810 from portions of Highland County and Ross County, Ohio.

I have been doing genealogy for 30 years. I am looking for the parents of Tate Wright who was born in Ohio in 1824. He married Rebecca Dick 29 Sep 1844 in Clinton County, Ohio in Richland Township. He was listed as a blacksmith in the 1850 Clinton Co., Ohio census. I believe Rebecca Dick Could be the daughter of Hieronymous Dick (spelled various ways) and Mary Ann Brunner. He lived in Wayne Township in Clinton Co., Ohio.

Tate Wright and Rebecca Dick removed from Clinton Co., Ohio and was in the Des Moines County, Iowa , Union Township, census in 1856 and was living next door to Armsted Davis and wife Eliza A. Davis with a Thomas Wright living with them. All were born in Ohio. Tate Wright was 31 years old in the census and Armsted Davis was 37; Thomas Wright was living with the Davis family and was 23 years old. I do not know if they are kin to Tate Wright or not.

Tate Wright moved on to Saline Co., Missouri in the 1860 census and in the 1870 census he was living in Pulaski County, Illinois where he died after that census. I descend from their son Fairfax Wright that was born 25 Jun 1845 in Clinton Co., Ohio. He died 12 Jan 1913 in Pulaski Co., Illinois.

Any information on Tate Wright and Thomas Wright in Ohio and possible parents would greatly be appreciated. This is a brick wall to me.

Marianne Dillow
Illinois

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions