Search for content in message boards

Creedon and Hoover families

Replies: 0

Creedon and Hoover families

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Creedon, Creedan, Creeden, Hoover, Matson
I am looking for information on a Patrick Creedan (or Creedon) that was married to Hannah Hoover in 1851. Patrick was born in 1814 in Ireland and died in Clinton County in 1883 according to an entry in FindAGrave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=93...

The 1860 Census for Wayne Township, Clinton County has:
Patrick Creedan (46), Hannah(38), Joanette(Johannah?) (14), Timothy (7), John (6), Phebe (2), Hannah (7/12), Julia (18)

Hannah and all of the children listed are shown as being born in Ohio. If the marriage date of 1851 is correct, some of the children listed may be from an earlier marriage.

The 1870 census has Patrick(56), Hannah(49), John(16), Johannah(19), Phebe(12), Jane(10), Rosanna(6), and Patrick(5).

I have found records for Rosa/Rosanna and John in Mercer County, OH. Phebe died at age 24 in Clinton County.

I have recently learned of a probate record in Mercer County naming my gg-grandfather Timothy Creeden (1846-1899) as guardian of Rose Creeden. There is also a newspaper abstract from Clinton County that says Timothy Creeden was the guardian of Rose.

I am trying to figure out if my Timothy is Patrick's son. The dates and birthplace in the 1860 census are not correct for my Timothy, so he may be some other relation. My Timothy was born in 1846 in Ireland and married Mary Ann Matson in 1868 in Clinton County. He moved to Mercer County around 1884.

Does anyone have information on Patrick or his son Timothy?

Thanks for any help with these families!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions