Westboro

Replies: 4

Re: Westboro--William L. Patton & Rachel Garrett

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 12:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Patton Garrett Kelly Johns Freeman Strong Thomas
Dear Leslie,

Somehow I missed your post, sorry!

I do have information on William J. Patton and Rachel Garrett and their family. I have Charles D. as Charles Dingee Patton. The Garrett and Patton family have several marriage points along with the Kelly family, but I have yet to untangle it all. Kelly's married into the Freeman family also. I have Freeman, Kelly, Strong, Thomas, Garrett and Patton. There are also others.

I have William's parents as Joseph Patton and Rachel Kelly and Rachel's parents as Henry Garrett and Nancy M. Johns.

I am descended from Rachel's brother William Garrett who married Mary Ellen Andrew. Their sister Melissa Garrett corresponded with William in the Civil War. Our family has original letters. William was wounded, recovered, came home, married, had three children and died of complications of his wounds. His son Orville Andrew Garrett was about 3 years old when his father died. His mother changed his name to William Orville Andrew Garrett.

Please contact me directly for what I have on the Patton, Kelly, Garrett family.

sl.lemkuil@verizon.net

Sharon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marilyn Reeves Doles 3 Oct 2001 5:49PM GMT 
sllemkuil 9 Oct 2008 9:01PM GMT 
Leslie Saint 27 Aug 2009 2:23AM GMT 
sllemkuil 23 Jan 2010 7:48PM GMT 
SusanPatW 19 Apr 2013 9:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions