Search for content in message boards

Franklin County "Singing Sheriffs"

Replies: 17

Re: Franklin County "Singing Sheriffs"

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lynda,

It is great making a connection with you. My sister was out visiting last week, and we had been talking with our mother, Alta Everett, who is 94, about the "Singing Sheriffs". We were really excited to find your posts. Mother said that your father was called "baby Jim". I have an old photo of James Henry Hartly Everett seated in front of his adult sons that I can share with you. I have never used Ancestry.com before, and don't know how to send the photo. I suppose you could "friend me" on Facebook and we could exchange e-mals in a more private manner.

The Singing Serriffs had tried to get my dad to join them, but his mother (my grandmother) wouldn't let him. I don't know how old he was at the time.

My mother said that one of the Singing Sheriffs (she wasn't sure which one) was married to a local celebrity whos stage name was Sally Flowers. I found one of Sally's recodings on you tube, and some other information about her on-line. She was on the TV show "Bowling for Dollars."

My father had a sister Gladys that married George Tanner. They lived in Columbus not far from us. Their two children were the only cousins on the Everett side of the family that I ever knew. We were very close growing up. They still live in the Columbus area, and I'm sure they would be tickled to meet you.

My father was a minister at the Bellows Ave. Church of the Nazarene and had a TV show called "the Singing Pastor" for many years. I think it was on channel 7.

I am looking forward to to sharing more informatin with you.

Gerald Everett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LHayden0693 23 Apr 2005 5:03PM GMT 
eanddphillips 27 Jan 2011 3:18AM GMT 
LHayden0693 29 Jan 2011 3:24PM GMT 
gjeverett 12 Jan 2013 2:55AM GMT 
LHayden0693 12 Jan 2013 11:56AM GMT 
gjeverett 14 Jan 2013 7:34PM GMT 
LHayden0693 15 Jan 2013 11:28AM GMT 
gjeverett 15 Jan 2013 3:15PM GMT 
eanddphillips 15 Jan 2013 4:41PM GMT 
gjeverett 19 Jan 2013 10:04PM GMT