Search for content in message boards

Tausch Franklin County d. 1959

Replies: 3

Re: Tausch Franklin County d. 1959

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am doing this research for my husband. This Tausch is his grandfather....Theodore Anton Tausch b. 25 May, 1881, Innsbruck Austria. Son of Josef Anton Tausch and Josephine Pfefferkorn. Josef Anton Tausch was a notary.
Theodore had a brother, Josef Walther Tausch b. 24 July, 1883 in Innsbruck. I have a photo of Josef and Theodore with their mother Josephine taken about 1895 in Bruneck.
No sister is ever mentioned.
Theodore came to Americ about 1904. He married in 1906 to Maria Jankovitz of Rekasch, Hungary. They went back to Austria in 1909 for their first child, Eugene, to be born.
Theodore came back to the U.S. in Nov. 1909 and brought his brother, Josef Walther with him. They left their wives,
Maria (Theodore) and Erma/Ema (Josef) in Bruneck.
Josef lived in Rahway (a town) Union County, New Jersey (a state) from 1910 to 1936 when he died. He boarded with Lewis and Katie Schaffner in Rahway all those years. He was a clerk with the Pennsylvania Railroad.
In 1918 all men of age had to register for the World War I draft. Josef had to put down his nearest relatives and he listed Hertha (daughter) and Walter (son) of Bruneck as his nearest relatives. In the 1910 census he states he is married. In 1920 and 1930 both he states he is divorced.
Josef was hit by a truck and killed in 1936. I have not found an obituary yet....I just found the newspaper article this week telling about his death.
Theodore Tausch who married Maria stayed in the U.S. and had 8 children. In 1930 he left his family and started traveling around the country looking for work. He hunted rattlesnakes and he would put them in suitcases or bags and sell them to zoos or to the Chinese restaurants in Los Angeles CA. He hitchhiked all over the western part of the U.S. and while doing that he was in a car accident in Arizona (state), U.S.A. He died in 1950 because of the car accident. I always wondered what happened to the parents of
Theo and Josef. I think your family is surely related in some way. Contact at gbrandt7@aol.com
My husband is Robert Brandt. His mother was Diana Tausch, the daughter of Theo and Maria.
Ginny Brandt
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ginny Brandt 5 Apr 2006 12:13AM GMT 
Mirko Costa T... 13 Dec 2012 11:54PM GMT 
gbrandt7 14 Dec 2012 1:10AM GMT 
Mirko Costa T... 14 Dec 2012 1:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic