Search for content in message boards

Please can someone Help with finding family

Replies: 40

Re: Please can someone Help with finding family

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 10:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kat.

Well I have been busy going through all the information you gave me already and inputting the data on my tree.

I just do not understand for the life of me though, when I search, I do not find the records that you find lol. I am sure my computer is possessed or something.

Even when I put in the same details as you, I still do not manage to find the records.

Primarily, I use Ancestry.com to search as I have a paid up International membership.
I also use https://familysearch.org And I still could not find the death record for my great grandfather WHS that you mentioned.
I also tried http://stevemorse.org/ but to be totally honest, that site confuses the living daylights out of me as there are so many sub categories, I have no idea which one I should search on, and all that I have tried so far fail miserably lol.
And as for findagrave.com you guest it, I have not even been able to find WHS on that either lol, despite even going through the Springbank Cemetry.
Like I say, either I am completely stupid and doing something wrong, or my grandmother from my mothers side has possessed my computer computer, she was always secretive and never told my Mum anything about her father or how she might find him.
Seems my family did a good job of telling porkie pies, I don't know whether you have actually looked at my Mum's Birth certificate which I attached to her profile, but as you will see, although her father is named with his army aircorps military number, he also listed his occupation as a Film player in North Hollywood California.
Mum was also led to believe that her father was Italian, Imagine an Italian Actor called Smith in Hollywood, no wonder she never got anywhere years ago when she tried contacting the studio, they must have thought she was nuts lol.
All these lies in the family have made it a nightmare to trace.

With regards to your comment
"Did you notice also that the one article [dated 7/11/47] mentioned that he took in an orphaned youth some time ago? Hmm...another mystery"
I am assuming that is his wife Juanita's son David Leroy West from her first marriage. I will have to check again but I am sure one of those newspaper articles you pointed me to, mentioned his son and step-son.

We have now requested WRS Separation/Discharge papers, hopefully they will come back with more information than the last bundle.

I always hoped that his military records would contain a photo or something, I assumed before that Photo's would automatically be taken when someone enlists into the army, maybe that's not the case though.

Anyway, I am going to continue on with the tasks you have given me, I have to get something right sooner or later lol.

speak soon

Matt
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pomaus_nch 16 Oct 2012 4:40PM GMT 
pomaus_nch 16 Oct 2012 5:57PM GMT 
Leona L Gusta... 16 Oct 2012 6:05PM GMT 
Leona L Gusta... 16 Oct 2012 7:22PM GMT 
Kat747 17 Oct 2012 6:59PM GMT 
pomaus_nch 17 Oct 2012 8:28PM GMT 
pomaus_nch 17 Oct 2012 10:03PM GMT 
Kat747 18 Oct 2012 3:02PM GMT 
pomaus_nch 18 Oct 2012 4:36PM GMT